August 26, 2022 – Submission deadline
October 10-14, 2022 – Winners and non-winners notified
November 3, 2022 – Awards Ceremony
Eligibility for Professionals
- Project must be completed within the last ten years (since November 2012)
- Project or submitter (individuals/firms) must be physically located within the geographical boundaries of the ICAA Philadelphia or the ICAA Ohio & Lake Erie Chapter (Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio, Delaware; plus, areas of New Jersey, New York, and Maryland)
- Submitter (individual/firm) must be a current member of ICAA. Membership can be purchased at time of submission.
Eligibility for Students
- Students must be currently enrolled or a recent graduate (no more than five years) of an undergraduate, master’s, or certificate program located within the United States.
- Project, school, current place of employment, or student’s primary residence must be physically located within the geographical boundaries of the ICAA Philadelphia or Ohio & Lake Erie Chapters (Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio, Delaware; plus, areas of New Jersey, New York, and Maryland).
- Students are not required to be a current member of ICAA. While a student’s membership status is not considered during judging, ICAA membership is rewarding and strongly encouraged.
Those making submissions must have permission to use all photography and/or printed materials contained in the submission. The ICAA, and ICAA Philadelphia and Ohio & Lake Erie Chapters reserve the right to use all materials contained within a submission for promotional purposes in future printed and digital media; including featuring winning projects online, in print, and in the media.
The jury will have latitude in defining categories of projects to receive awards, selecting which categories receive an award, and in granting special citations. Awards may not be given in every category. Submitters are encouraged to submit projects, regardless of whether they fit neatly into the categories described below. All projects, except for student work, are required to be constructed.
New Residential Architecture over 5,000 sq. feet
New Residential Architecture under 5000 sq. feet
Renovation / Sympathetic Addition
Large Architecture – Non-residential
Small Architecture – Non-residential
Interior Design – Residential
Interior Design – Non-residential
Landscape Architecture – Residential
Landscape Architecture – Non-residential
Urbanism & Planning
Architectural Arts / Craftsmanship
Student Project / Portfolio
Patronage / Stewardship
Each entry must include an online submission form, which includes a project title and 250 word maximum description, 12-24 images with captions describing the project for the jury, and 6-12 photographs for marketing purposes. There is no limit to the number of projects that can be submitted. Projects that were submitted in previous years, but did not win an award, may be resubmitted for consideration.
$150, subsequent submissions $125. The submission fees for students are waived.
Notifications & Awards
The winners of the Third Biennial Trumbauer Awards will be recognized during a ceremony and cocktail gala in the Trumbauer-designed Lincoln Ballroom at The Union League of Philadelphia on the evening of November 3, 2022. Winners will be notified the week of October 10, 2022 by email. Winners are expected to attend, or send a representative in their place.
ICAA Philadelphia and Ohio & Lake Erie Chapters reserve the right to disqualify any incomplete submissions. ICAA Philadelphia will not be retaining materials submitted for this awards program. Any individual wishing to recover their submitted materials at their own expense may do so following the procedures outlined above. Submitters will be notified by August 5, 2020 that their submission has been received and processed. No phone calls, please. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
1. Review Submission Guidelines
2. Submit Online Submission Form
Complete on or before 11:59pm, August 26, 2022. One online submission form is required for each project being submitted.